Here are a couple of upcoming NEEDS we'd like to meet...
1. Turn on the water - we have a woman who lives in a trailer near the Good Food Store who has no running water; Imagine Missoula can help cover the cost of a new water pump, but we need someone who can pick it up from Bretz RV (we have model number and other info) and help her install in. Should be a fairly simply job for someone with basic handyman skills. Timeframe: ASAP! Call Kelly Hart (546-8339) for details.
2. Build a fence - we have an 81 year old man who could really use a helping hand installing a 45' section of chain link fence. He has all the materials, posts will be in place. We really just need 4-5 guys who can help stretch the fence and install it. Should only take about 2 hours max. A great Saturday project! Contact Christian Cryder (529-5568) if you're interested.
3. Do some yardwork - we have an elderly woman in East Missoula who is looking to hire someone to do simple yardwork for her on a regular basis. This would be a great job for a teenager! A few hours a week - mow a lawn, rake her leaves, help carry stuff from the car to the house, trash to the alley. She's on oxygen and it's very difficult for her to do even simple things. Contact Nina Alviar (546-4697) for details.
4. Help salvage belongings - we just learned of a person who lost her home to a fire. She could really use a few folks to help her salvage belongings from her burnt home and get them into a storage unit (or a new place if she gets one). We could also use someone with expertise in repairing smoke damaged furniture. For details, contact Jessica at Winds of Change (721-2038 x105)
5. Make things shine - have you seen that cool new artwork in the old Macy's building downtown? We'd like to provide 5 volunteers to help clean the windows by First Friday! We provide squeegees and buckets... you provide the elbow grease. A great afternoon project for friends to tackle in the spring sunshine! Contact Nina Alviar (546-4697) for details.
Isn't it amazing how many needs are showing up? Maybe you could help us out by picking one thing to help with. Or by sharing these needs with your friends! Let us know how you'd like to get involved, and together we can make it happen!
Thanks so much for helping us to imagine an even better Missoula!